[There's been some confusion about point #7. See Matthew 20:1-16 to understand the sense in which I meant "earn". – Funky]
Adrian Warnock posted his version of the gospel in 10 points. While I understand his desire to boil it down for "on the go" evangelism, I don't entirely agree his formulation. Here's mine, for what it's worth.
- God created man to love Him.
- God knows what is best for us and gives us commandments to follow
- Sin has the eternal consequence of wounding man's relationship with God and separating man from eternity with God.
- Sin has the temporal consequence of wounding man's relationships with his neighbors and in the form of broken and/or disordered relationships
- Sin damages man's capacity to love himself, his neighbors, and God
- Jesus Christ's salvific act healed man's relationship with God and restored man's privilege to enter heaven
- We must be baptized by water and the Spirit and accept Christ to earn that eternal privilege
- We must make amends for our sins to repair temporal damage.
- If we knowingly commit grave sin, we endanger our salvation.
- We must confess our mortal sins to God and make penance